That is, 2009 is coming to its end. Some parts in Central Europe already enjoy the snow although Oslo still has a touch of autumn feeling.
Here is a list of biweekly Graphics Dojo examples that I managed to pull off this year. Most of them are available for Qt/C++ and PyQt.
Note that although the examples are categorized (for your convenience), often it does not strictly belong to one category, e.g. night mode is both a graphics and WebKit example. Also, all S60 examples are designed with S60 mind but they still run well on the desktop, too.
- Wolfenstein-like ray casting in your pocket.
- Maps solution using OpenStreetMap, of course running on the phone, too.
- Flight tracking utility, useful to check the status and time.
- Weather info on your pocket.
- Still about kinetic scrolling, now with a Flickable interface that works smooth also on a phone.
- Suitable for your S60 phone: flipping digital clock.
- Reborn/recycled parallax effect for the home screen.
- Simplified magnifying glass trick.
- A simple trick to get the night-mode vision, just like in some navigation system.
- DragMove charm to allow widget moving by dragging
- simple timeline demo along with a custom S-shape curve
- thumbnail preview via a fast cheat-scaling trick.
- cheap trick to half-scale ARGB32 image very fast.
- Doing a talk? Use a presentation tool purely based on web technologies.
- Magnifying glass trick with Google Maps.
- Make your QWebView transparent to achieve some interesting effect.
- snap-scrolling in QWebView, useful for small-screen browser.
- Need to do a visual web scraping? This little weather applet, which scraps the Google-provided page, might be a good start.
- Use jQuery, enjoy selector goodies with QtWebKit
- simple example to integrate Google Suggest
- WYSIWYG HTML Editor using QtWebKit
- Google chat client made in 15 minutes
- web capture, a tool to take a snapshot of web pages.
- Or, just run this cool Monster Evolution demo with QtScript
- simple bar chart using QtScript.
Need more goodies? See also last year (2008) graphics dojo wrap-up.
Until next time.