Last week I was at Velocity 2013, a conference focusing on web performance and operations. The schedule was packed with high-quality sessions, the event was also attended by many luminaries and experts in the field. This was my third Velocity and it keeps getting better.
Of course, another amazing aspect of such a conference is being able to talk to people, meet old acquaintances, make new friends, and have some fruitful discussions. Rest assured, I’m going to use some ideas from those discussions to shape the direction of my upcoming activities.
- Code complexity analysis, visualization and monitoring
- Custom linting for e.g. stray logging and Boolean trap
- Non-destructive source transformation: quotes conversion, rename refactoring, block scope
- Execution tracing for run-time complexity analysis
- Code coverage analysis and guards
You can also check the slide deck (download as PDF, 6.1 MB).
There was live streaming of the keynote sessions, they are also available for offline viewing. If you want to enjoy the recorded video of every single talk, you need to buy the Complete Video Compilation.
Update: You can also watch the recorded video on YouTube (39 minutes).
Velocity initiated my summer tour (next stop: Waltham for Engineers4Engineers and Orlando for SenchaCon) with an amazing start. See you next year at Velocity 2014!